Top Ten Tuesday is an amazing weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
This week's topic is: Top Ten Resolutions for 2016. I loved writing this topic because as 2015 was coming to a close I was already planning on making some decisions on what I need to do this year to better my blog. I started my blog less than a year ago and I had some ups and downs, so most of my resolutions revolve around my blog, but I do have some additional goals in mind. So here are the things I would like to work on in 2016:
1. Be more organized and prepared for my blog posts. I have a full time job and sometimes I am required to work long hour days so having a plan and a schedule would help a lot.
2. Blog hop more. I love meeting new bloggers and making new friends, so this year I am committed to visiting lots and lots of blogs, commenting, and hopefully connecting with others in the book community.
3. Connect with more bloggers on Twitter. I am absolutely addicted to twitter, but I hardly ever interact with people. So this year I will do my best to become more involved and hopefully make some new bookish friends.
4. Complete all three reading challenges I set for myself. This year I am participating in #RockMyTBR challenge, 2016 Series Enders challenge, and I have a 100 books reading challenge set on Goodreads. If you are interested in any of the challenges, in addition to the links to my original blog posts that are in the challenge titles above, you can click on the side buttons on my blog to go to the original blogs hosting each challenge.
5. Host more giveaways. I am currently hosting a Twitter giveaway for a copy of the sneak peek at Richelle Mead's new series, The Glittering Court (if interested, you can find the giveaway here). In addition to this challenge, I already have planned a couple more giveaways on my blog. My blog turns one in March and that needs to be properly celebrated, and what better way to celebrate than host a major giveaway?
6. Do some author interviews. I know this might be hard, but I really really want to interview some authors, so hopefully this is the year I can make that happen.
7. Get more people involved in my Goodreads group. Earlier this year I created Perpetual YA Bookworms on Goodreads and I absolutely love my group. Since creating it, my good friend Eve at Functioning Insanity has joined me as a moderator as we both love doing weekly read-alongs. We are both new at this, so it's been a rocky road at times; however, I am determined to make this group successful because I want to connect with others that enjoy the same books and can recommend new ones.
8. Attend YALLFEST. I was supposed to go to the 2015 event, but life happened and I didn't get to go. I am determined not to let that happen in 2016.
9. Host a blogger meet and greet. I am not sure if this is a feasible goal for 2016, but I would like to meet other bloggers in the area and make some new friends. So we'll have to see how this one goes.
10. Participate in NaNoWriMo. For years I've been going back and forth on this, thinking I can't do it, but really wanting to. So I think before I say I can't do it, I have to actually try. We'll see how it goes :)
These are all my resolutions for 2016. What made your list? Make sure to leave a link to your blog so I can check out your answers. Have an awesome week!