Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Waiting on Wednesday: Library of Souls


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we’re eagerly anticipating.

This week’s pre-publication “can’t-wait-to-read” selection is:

Library of Souls
By Ransom Riggs

Publisher:  Quirk Books
Release date: September 22, 2015

From Goodreads:
The epic conclusion to the best-selling series!

Time is running out for the Peculiar Children. With a dangerous madman on the loose and their beloved Miss Peregrine still in danger, Jacob Portman and Emma Bloom are forced to stage the most daring of rescue missions. They’ll travel through a war-torn landscape, meet new allies, and face greater dangers than ever. 

. . . Will Jacob come into his own as the hero his fellow Peculiars know him to be? This action-packed adventure features more than 50 all-new Peculiar photographs

My Thoughts:
I just started reading Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children this week. I really love it so far and I am looking forward to reading the rest of the series. Sometimes procrastination pays off; since I waited this long to start the series I can now pretty much marathon it. By the time I am done reading the first 2 books in the series, Library of Souls, the final book in the trilogy, will be available. I know many people who read and loved this series and I can’t wait to finally join them in the fandom.

I am reading Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children as a read-along on my newly created Goodreads Group – Perpetual YABookworms. This is the first week long read-along on the group so please join us. We will read Hollow City September 14-20.

Also, if you live in the Atlanta area, Ransom Riggs will have a tour stop at Little Shop of Stories. If you are interested in additional event information click here.

Last, if you are interested in this book, there is currently a Giveaway on GoodReads you may enter until September 15, 2015. If you would like to enter this giveaway, make sure to click on the book cover picture above for a link to this amazing giveaway. Speaking of the cover, this is my favorite of the 3. Absolutely stunning!


Have you read this series? Please share your thoughts in the comments below.

6 comments:

  1. Yes procrastination does pay off! I'm enjoying our read along as well. I can't wait to meet Ransom and discuss the book

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really hope to catch up soon; so sorry for falling behind in our read-along :(

      Delete
  2. Aw, I wish Ransom was coming near me. Well, I better check tour dates actually...haha

    I loved the first book. I still need to read the second, but yay that the third is so close to being released!

    -Lauren
    www.letsgetbeyondtolerance.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by my blog. If you are interested, please join us on Goodreads on a readalong. We are currently reading the second book. We plan to read book 2 during this week:
      https://www.goodreads.com/group/show/171358-perpetual-ya-bookworms

      Delete
  3. I recently bought the first two, but haven't read them yet. Hopefully I will get to them over Christmas vacation (I know, not your traditional Christmas reads - I am weird, what can I say). I agree tat this is the best cover yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Should be a great Xmas read :)

      Can't wait to hear your thoughts

      Delete