Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday [2]

Top Ten Tuesday is an amazing weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week’s topic is “Top Ten Authors I've Read The Most Books From”

This was a somewhat challenging topic to write on; I spent a bit of time in front of my bookshelves to see which authors I’ve read the most, but it seems that I tend to spread my love pretty evenly. Also, I read a lot of YA and most of the authors I love only have a couple of books out so far. So here goes my list of Top Ten Authors I’ve Read The Most Books From, mixed in with authors I’ve read everything from even though sometimes those have only a couple of books available and authors I own a lot of books from but haven’t gotten around to reading yet. This list was very hard to put together because there are some debut authors that only have a couple of books out, so ranking them was pretty much impossible. So here are my ten authors in no particular order.

Richelle Mead – I read the entire Vampire Academy series (6 books) and I am currently making my way through her Bloodline series (also 6 books, but I’ve only read the first 3 so far). I am a huge fan of her work and hope to be able to pick up some of her other series soon. Her next standalone novel, Soundless, will be available November 10, 2015.



Cassandra Clare – I read The Infernal Devices (3 books) and I am trying to get back to finish reading The Mortal Instruments (also 6 books; I only read the first 3 when I didn’t know that there would be more); I also own The Bane Chronicles. I definitely need to catch up soon because I want to pick up her two new trilogies, The Dark Artifices trilogy (which takes place after the events in The Mortal Instruments) and The Last Hour trilogy (which follows The Infernal Devices and is set in 1903). The release of the books in The Dark Artifices and The Last Hour will interconnect, just like The Mortal Instruments and The Infernal Devices did. Super excited – the shadowhunter world is one of my favorites!




Rainbow Rowell – I read all of her books: Fangirl, Eleanor & Park, Landline, and Attachments. I cannot wait for the release of Carry On (October 6, 2015). She is one of my all-time favorite authors and it’s pretty much a guarantee that I’ll read anything she writes.



Maggie Stiefvater – I read The Wolves of Mercy Falls (4 books), Lament, and The Scorpio Races. I bought the first 3 books in The Raven Cycle, just didn’t get a chance to read them yet. I will definitely read them before the release of the last book in the series, The Raven King on March 29, 2016. I’ve been lucky enough to meet her twice so far and I cannot stop raving about just how amazing of a person she is.
            





Sarah J Maas – I feel like this is cheating a bit, because I just started reading Throne of Glass and A Court of Thorns and Roses, but haven’t finished yet. However, I do own all the books in the Throne of Glass series, pre-ordered Queen of Shadows (September 1, 2015), and plan to be caught up on this series by the end of this year.




John Green – I read The Fault In Our Stars, Looking for Alaska, Paper Towns, Let It Snow, and An Abundance of Katherines. I hope to soon read Will Grayson, Will Grayson which he co-wrote with David Levithan (whom I also love). This man cannot write a bad novel! I just love him!




Marissa Meyer – I absolutely love The Lunar Chronicles and cannot wait for the last book in the series, Winter to be released (November 10, 2015).  I think this is one of the most anticipated books for everyone; I know it is for me. I pre-ordered it and I’m dying to get my hands on it. Did you see that amazing cover?


Leigh Bardugo – I recently marathoned the Grisha Trilogy and absolutely fell in love with Leigh Bardugo’s writing style. Her next book, Six of Crows, will be released September 29, 2015 and I cannot wait to get it.



L.J. Smith – I read The Secret Circle series (3 books), The Forbidden Game Series (3 books), Dark Visions series (3 books), and Night World Series (9 books). The only books I couldn’t quite get into were The Vampire Diaries series and I think I struggled with it because she is not the author of all of them. I did start the series, and I believe I read the first few but just couldn’t get into it. The other series I did read were amazing though. Huge fan of her work.







PC Cast and Kristin Cast – I own all the books (12 in total) and novellas (4 in total) in the House of Night series. I’ve read the first 8 books and hope to soon finish the series. I also really want to read Amber Smoke, the first book in Kristin's new series. 





I’ve actually met quite a few of these authors and I think what makes them even more amazing is their personalities and the connections they make with the fans. I could go on and on about them and many others that I love, but I had to limit my list to 10 and try to keep it short and sweet. All in all, I want to give a huge Thank You for all the amazing books you guys write; our life (the readers) would be very sad without your work, plus we wouldn’t have nearly as many movies to watch. ;) 

2 comments:

  1. I haven't read anything by Rachelle Mead, but I am really interested in Soundless (it looks like my type of book). I haven't heard much about it, though.
    I love Marissa Meyer, she's such a nice person, and the Lunar Chronicles are some of the most reading fun I've had in years.
    I read an ARC of Six of Crows, and it is really good! (Reviewed it too, which was hard because: spoiler avoidance!) I haven't started the Grisha trilogy yet, but I have the first one out from the library and on my reading pile.
    Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a cool idea. I might have to see about trying this! Also I love your list. I have so many of the books you mentioned. So many great books!

    ReplyDelete