Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Waiting on Wednesday: Truthwitch by Susan Dennard

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we’re eagerly anticipating.

This week’s pre-publication “can’t-wait-to-read” selection is:

Truthwitch
by Susan Dennard

Publisher:  Tor Teen
Release date: January 5, 2016

From Goodreads:
On a continent ruled by three empires, some are born with a “witchery”, a magical skill that sets them apart from others.

In the Witchlands, there are almost as many types of magic as there are ways to get in trouble—as two desperate young women know all too well.

Safiya is a Truthwitch, able to discern truth from lie. It’s a powerful magic that many would kill to have on their side, especially amongst the nobility to which Safi was born. So Safi must keep her gift hidden, lest she be used as a pawn in the struggle between empires.

Iseult, a Threadwitch, can see the invisible ties that bind and entangle the lives around her—but she cannot see the bonds that touch her own heart. Her unlikely friendship with Safi has taken her from life as an outcast into one of reckless adventure, where she is a cool, wary balance to Safi’s hotheaded impulsiveness.

Safi and Iseult just want to be free to live their own lives, but war is coming to the Witchlands. With the help of the cunning Prince Merik (a Windwitch and ship’s captain) and the hindrance of a Bloodwitch bent on revenge, the friends must fight emperors, princes, and mercenaries alike, who will stop at nothing to get their hands on a Truthwitch.

My Thoughts:

I am so happy that this book is almost here. There were lots of ARCs floating around and it seems that everyone loved this book. Truthwitch is the first book in a four book series; an epic fantasy, full of magic, and tons of adventure. I think what drew me most to this book, besides being in the fantasy genre, is the fact that at the heart of the story is the friendship between Safi and Iseult. I think we need more books built around strong friendships. I already pre-ordered this, so I should get it the day it comes out. I can hardly wait!

Is Truthwitch on your most anticipated releases in 2016? Let me know in the comments below :)

13 comments:

  1. I've seen this book around a lot lately and it does sound good! :)

    My WOW!

    ~Stephanie @ Bookfever

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has quite a few extremely great reviews already so I think I won't be disappointed. :)

      Delete
  2. I've been waiting for this for a while, I can't believe it;s only 2 weeks until release. I love Susan Dennard so much! Love this pick :D


    Check out my WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was fortunate enough to meet Susan Dennard earlier this year and she is just the nicest person. I can't wait for this release and the January read-along of her Something Strange series on Perpetual YA Bookworms in January. I'm going to have a very Susan Dennard filled month next month :D

      Delete
  3. Seems like we have been waiting on this one for a long time. Luckily I have a birthday in January so even after Christmas has passed, I still may be able to snag this one as a gift. Great choice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you get this for your birthday! Looking forward to your thoughts on it :)

      Delete
  4. I think you know how excited I am for this title! We were both there to hear her talk about it! So exciting and it looks like such a fun read! My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So ready for this and our Something Strange read-along. January is going to be epic!!

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. (The Typo Monster struck again...lol.)

    What a GREAT pick!! I won this book in a giveaway, and it will be sent to me as soon as it releases! I won my copy at the blog IN WONDERLAND. I'm SO, SO excited about this book!!! I won't have much longer to wait now, though!

    HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO YOU!! : )

    Here's my WOW post:

    http://anightsdreamofbooks.blogspot.com/2015/12/waiting-on-wednesday-152-flamecaster-by.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congrats on winning! I hope you enjoy it! Happy reading!

      Delete
  7. I have seen this one around, I really should add it to my list!
    New follower :)
    Hope you get some great books under the tree! Merry Christmas!
    Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Hope you got all the books you wished for as well!

      Delete