Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday [4]


Top Ten Tuesday is an amazing weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

The topic I chose for this week is: “Top Ten Books/Series That Would Be on the Syllabus If I Taught 101 YA Literature”. 

I decided to do a very generic list because my tastes are very diverse when it comes to genre, but I mostly stay within YA and NA; I love fantasy, dystopian, adventure, contemporary, paranormal, sci-fi, and everything in between.  So here is my list, in no particular order:

Harry Potter by J.K.  Rowling


The Fault In Our Stars by John Green

The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater

The Vampire Academy series by Richelle Mead

The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer

Daughter of Smoke and Bone Trilogy by Laini Taylor

The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare

The Grisha Trilogy by Leigh Bardugo

The Darkest Part of the Forest by Holly Black

Snow Like Ashes by Sara Raasch




To be honest if I were to actually teach a YA Literature class, I would have multiple options for each genre and allow my students to pick what they wanted to read. I never enjoyed being forced to read certain books in school. I think that is one of the reasons people don’t read more; they never found that one genre that speaks to them. Recently I’ve mostly read fairytale retellings and fantasy; I go thorough phases. Do you have a favorite genre? Let me know in the comments below :)

4 comments:

  1. One day I will read The Vampire Academy! Idk when, but hopefully one day lol!! Same goes for Snow Like Ashes. One day, one day. My favorite genre as you probably already know would have to be YA Fantasy :) I'm in love with the magically creatures and the new world with endless possibilities. Love it!! Great post Bogdana!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I had to pick only one favorite, I think I would have to pick fantasy as well. I love everything about it. I can't wait for you to read Snow Like Ashes and share your thoughts. :)

      Delete
  2. I agree with all these! I have them all...I haven't yet read Daughter of Smoke and Bone or Snow Like Ashes yet but OMG this would be a class I would ACE!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't finished the Daughter of Smoke and Bone series yet, but it is fantastic so far. And as you know, I am absolutely obsessed with Snow Like Ashes :D
      I would love to take a class like this. :)

      Delete