Saturday, July 4, 2015

Stacking The Shelves [1]

Stacking the Shelves is a weekly meme hosted by Tynga at Tynga’s Reviews. Stacking the Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, physical or virtual. This includes books you buy from your local bookstore or online, ebooks, ARCs, and books you borrow from your friends or library.

If you want to find out more about Stacking the Shelves, please visit the official launch page!
This is my first Stacking the Shelves post. Moving forward, my plan is to write a Staking the Shelves post monthly or semi-monthly, depending on what I am getting and how much reading time I manage as I plan to also include a recap of reviews and such in my post.

Physical books:

The Wrath and the Dawn by Renee Ahdieh


There was so much excitement surrounding this book in the book community that I couldn’t help myself. Also, I recently found a book club at a local bookstore that I wanted to attend; The Wrath and the Dawn was the June pick at book club so I made sure to read this prior to attending book club. This was my first time attending a book club and I loved it. Also the author, Renee Ahdieh, attended our meeting and it was the best experience ever. I wrote a full review for The Wrath and the Dawn here.

An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir


I am so excited to start reading this book! This novel was picked as the August read for the new book club I am attending, so I will definitely be reading it sometime at the beginning of August. There is so much hype surrounding this book. The bookseller at the store was very excited when I picked it up, saying she thought it was the best book of 2015 for her. I cannot wait to start reading it!

Mosquitoland by David Arnold


I’ve heard a lot of good things about this book and I was very excited when it got picked as the July read at book club. Everyone seems to say that it is a very heartwarming story with an unforgettable protagonist so I am quite ready to get to it. I will probably start reading this sometime over the 4th of July weekend.

Something Strange and Deadly & A Darkness Strange and Lovely by Susan Dennard

 

I was very fortunate to attend a book signing a few weeks ago for Susan Dennard and Sarah J Maas. The bookstore where the event was hosted only had paperbacks of these 2 books and hardcover for Strange Ever After. I don’t like mismatched series, so I ended up buying only Strange Ever After for the signing. This month, I was very happy to find the first two books in the series available in hardcover at Bookoutlet.com (I love them—so many great book at amazing prices), so I made sure to get them before they went out of stock. Now that my series is complete, I hope to read it sometime in the fall.


Ebooks:

The Orphan Queen by Jodi Meadows


I was able to get this as a kindle deal and I couldn’t be happier. So many of the blogs I follow rave about this novel so I couldn’t pass up on the opportunity of snatching it up when the ebook went on sale. I am looking forward to reading it, however, I did hear that it has a major cliffhanger, so I think I will wait until the sequel is released before diving in.

Vicious by V.E. Schwab


This is my first book by Victoria Schwab *hangs head in shame*. I’ve heard so many great things about all of her works that when this was listed as a kindle deal, I had to get it. Now, I cannot wait to read it. Hopefully very soon!

Time’s Mirror by Rysa Walker


This is the second novella in The Chronos Files series; the order of the series is Timebound (book 1); Time’s Echo (1st novella), Time’s Edge (book 2). I’ve only read the first book and first novella, but I’ve already purchased the second book and Time’s Mirror, which was released on June 30. Even though I haven’t read all the books available in the series, I can still say with absolute certainty that it is the best time travel series I’ve read so far.


Borrowed Books:

We Were Liars by E. Lockhart


I was able to borrow this as an audiobook from my local library. I listened to it during my commute staring at the beginning of June. I am currently working on a review for this novel this and will post sometime in July.

The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey


This is also an audiobook borrowed from my local library. I started listening to it during my daily commute right after finishing We Were Liars. I am about half way done and I absolutely love it. I cannot wait to finish it and write my review.


ARCs:

Another Day


I was lucky enough to receive an ARC for this book from NetGalley. I already started reading it and I really like it so far. If you read Every Day, this is its twin book; it’s the same story from Rhiannon’s point of view. If you didn’t read Every Day, you can still read this as it stands on its own. I will post a review for it as soon as I finish reading it.


Links to Reviews posted in June:

Since You’ve Been Gone by Morgan Matson
Definace by C.J. Redwine
The Wrath and the Dawn by Renee Ahdieh
Say What You Will by Cammie McGovern
As You Wish by Jackson Pearce

This wraps up my June bookhaul! Hopefully I didn’t ramble too much and was able to keep you interested. This was my very first bookhaul post, so please don’t be shy and leave me some feedback.  I’ll be back in July with a pretty major bookhaul I think ;)

Have you read any of these books?

If you reviewed any of them, make sure to leave a link in the comments below :) 

16 comments:

  1. Awesome haul! I loved The Orphan Queen and The 5th Wave. The Susan Dennard books are also fantastic. Enjoy your new books! Happy reading!

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    My StS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I am looking forward to reading the Susan Dennard books. Because of the major cliffhanger in the Orphan Queen, I think I'll wait for the Mirror King to be released before I start reading it :)

      Delete
  2. I LOVED We Were Liars and The 5th Wave. Looking forward to The Orphan Queen, The Wrath & The Dawn and An Ember In The Ashes! I also just got Another Day. I LOVE Every Day so I'm excited! Enjoy!

    My Stack

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We Were Liars was so different from everything I've read before. I really enjoyed it. I am struggling a bit with writing my review because I don't want to spoil anything. The Wrath & The Dawn was one of my best reads for 2015 so far. I hope you'll enjoy it.

      Delete
  3. Awesome haul. I’ve read a lot of these. I loved Vicious. I have The Wrath and The Dawn sitting on my TBR shelf. I’m looking forward to reading it.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel like I cannot stop talking about The Wrath & The Dawn. I absolutely loved it. Hope you will as well.

      Delete
  4. Wrath was AMAZING! I am obsessed with it. You seem to have gotten some really awesome books this week. Enjoy!

    Amber ❤ The Book Bratz
    My StS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I so agree. The Wrath & The Dawn became an instant favorite for me and I cannot wait for the sequel.

      Delete
  5. Such an amazing haul this week! We Were Liars is so great-the ending completely drove me insane. The 5th Wave is also awesome. I've got a copy of Vicious and I'm hoping to get to it soon. Happy reading!
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I hope to finish The 5th Wave this week; I am really liking it so far. I am currently struggling with writing a spoiler-free review for We Were Liars :) great read!

      Delete
  6. AHHH!! SO MANY AWESOME BOOKS!! And you're like the first person I've heard loving The 5th Wave, which makes me keen to try it. ;-) (I got put off since everyone seemed to think it was meh. bUT APOCALYPSE. I LOVE.) *ahem* And I also adored Vicious! I only just read it recently too, but basically ran to amazon and bought a kindle of A Darker Shade of Magic straight after. I'm so sold on VE Schwab's style. *happy sigh* Hope you like The Wrath and the Dawn! THE HYPE IS HIGH WITH THAT ONE!
    My Stacking the Shelves!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been skeptical of The 5th Wave as well, but I finally gave it a go and I don't regret it. It is very interesting and pretty fast paced. I hope you'll like it if you decide to read it.
      I was going to read A Darker Shade of Magic first, but Vicious was on a kindle deal recently so I decided to pick it up. VE Schwab has a huge following so I am sure I'll enjoy her writing style.
      I LOVED Wrath. One of my faves for 2015, and pretty much ever.
      Happy reading! :)

      Delete
  7. So many pretty books! I look forward to reading some of them with you.This is a fun idea for a blog, I may try it next month as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a lot of fun writing it. I think you should go for it. Can't wait to read-along some of these with ya!

      Delete
  8. AEitA and TW&TD are both amazing! I hope you enjoy them!

    Come and check out OUaT's STS!

    Leydy @ OUaT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I already read Wrath and loved it so much!!! I cannot wait to read AEitA. It's the August read at my book club so I'lll have to read it by then. Super excited to get to it :)

      Delete